Ph.D. Electrical Engineering
School of Engineering and Science
Jacobs University Bremen
Humberto Beltrao was born in Recife, Brazil, in 1981. He received his Bachelor degree from the Department of Electronics and Systems of the School of Engineering, Federal University of Pernambuco, 2005. Afterwards, he started his master’s courses in the same place at the Communications Group obtaining his master degree in 2007. From 2001 till 2003, Mr. Beltrao was a research assistant at the Physics Department of the Federal University of Pernambuco working with the construction of coils and implementing algorithms for nuclear magnetic resonance. In 2007 after starting his Ph.D. studies at the Federal University of Pernambuco, he was granted a DAAD scholarship for a combined (sandwich) Ph.D. at the Jacobs University Bremen. He will join the Transmission Systems’ group at JUB in April 2008 to pursue Ph.D. studies. His research interests are error correcting codes, LDPC codes, Fountain Codes, multicarrier and multiple access techniques.
- (): . .
- (2013): Multi-edge Optimization of Low-Density Parity-Check Codes for Joint Source-Channel Coding. 9th International ITG Conference on Source and Channel Coding (SCC), Munich, Germany, 2013.
- (2012): Analysis and Design of Modern Coding Schemes for Unequal Error Protection and Joint Source-Channel Coding. Jacobs University Bremen, Shaker Verlag, 2012, ISBN: 9783844013276.
- (2011): Multi-Edge Framework for Unequal Error Protecting LT Codes. IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW 2011), Paraty, Brazil, 2011.
- (2011): Multi-Edge Type Unequal Error Protecting Low-Density Parity-Check Codes. IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW 2011), Paraty, Brazil, 2011.
- (2010): Leaking Interleavers for UEP Turbo Codes. 6th International Symposium on Turbo Codes & Iterative Information Processing, Brest, France, 2010.
- (2010): Relation between Global and Local EXIT Charts in Hybrid Turbo Codes. 8th International ITG Conference on Source and Channel Coding, Siegen, Germany, 2010.