Ph.D. Electrical Engineering
School of Engineering and Science
Jacobs University Bremen
Khaled Shawky Hassan was born in Cairo, Egypt, in 1978. He received his Bachelor degree from the Department of Electronics and Communication of the Faculty of Engineering Engineering, Cairo University, 2001. Afterwards, he started his master’s courses in the same place at the digital communication section, 2003. From 2001 till 2004, Mr. Hassan was with the system design department of Digital Ellipsis Systems, Cairo office, thereafter, a system developer and off-shore team organizer in Philips Semiconductor Dresden for almost two years. From March 2005 until September 2005, he was a research associate at the Cellular Wireless Communication group in the area of spectrum and resource allocation in the wireless system. In 2004, he was granted a scholarship from International University Bremen (IUB) to pursue his Master degree in Bremen, Germany. After finishing his Master thesis, he received the Master’s degree from the School of Engineering and Science, IUB. He joined the Transmission Systems’ group at IUB in December 2005 to pursue Ph.D. studies. His research interests are multicarrier techniques, resource allocation, algorithm optimization, system design, and digital signal processing.
- (2012): Efficient Nonlinear Detector of Binary Signals in Rayleigh Fading and Impulsive Interference. 2012 IEEE 76th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2012-Fall), Québec City, Canada, 2012.
- (2012): Prioritized Adaptive Modulation for MIMO-OFDM Using Pre-Ordered SIC. 2012 IEEE 76th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2012-Fall), Québec City, Canada, 2012.
- (2012): Adaptive Multiuser MIMO-OFDM QoS-Based Scheduler Using Virtual Channel State Information. First IEEE International Conference on Communications in China (ICCC 12), Beijing, China, 2012.
- (2011): Dynamic User Scheduling in Non-Orthogonal Multiuser MIMO-OFDM. 16th International OFDM Workshop 2011, Hamburg, Germany, 2011.
- (2010): Unequal Error Protection Adaptive Modulation in Multicarrier Systems. Jacobs University Bremen, Shaker Verlag, 2010, ISBN: 9783844001631.
- (2010): "Prioritized Multiuser Transmission Using Virtual Diagonalization and Weighted Sum-MSE. 15th International OFDM Workshop 2010, Hamburg, Germany, 2010.
- (2010): UEP Concepts in Modulation and Coding. In: Hindawi, Advances in Multimedia, Vol. 2010, Article ID 416797, 14 pages, doi:10.1155/2010/416797, 2010.
- (2010): Fast Prioritized Bit-loading and Subcarriers Allocation for Multicarrier Systems. 2010 IEEE 71st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2010), Taipei, Taiwan, 2010.
- (2009): Prioritized Multi-layer Transmission for MIMO-OFDM Multiuser Broadcast Channel. 14th International OFDM Workshop 2009, Hamburg, Germany, 2009.
- (2009): Multiuser MIMO-OFDMA with Different QoS Using a Prioritized Channel Adaptive Technique. ICC 2009, 2nd International Workshop on Multiple Access Communications, Dresden, Germany, 2009.
- (2008): UEP with Adaptive Multilevel Embedded Modulation for MIMO-OFDM Systems. OFDM-Workshop 2008, Hamburg, Germany, 2008.
- (2007): Unequal-Error Protection Bit Loading for Multicarrier Transmission. PCT/EP2007/007503 2007.
- (2007): UEP MIMO-OFDM with Beamforming-Combining for Imperfect Channel Information. OFDM-Workshop, Hamburg, Germany, 2007, (Note: corrected version and presentation available for download).
- (2007): Some UEP Concepts in Coding and Physical Transport. 2007 IEEE Sarnoff Symposium, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2007.
- (2007): UEP with Eigen Beamforming for Partial Channel Information MIMO-OFDM. 2007 IEEE Sarnoff Symposium, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2007.
- (2006): Unequal Error Protection Bit Loading in MIMO OFDM. Sitzung der ITG-Fachgruppe "Angewandte Informationstheorie", University of Bremen, 2006.
- (2006): OFDM (DMT) Bit and Power Loading for Unequal Error Protection. OFDM-Workshop, Hamburg, Germany, 2006, (Note: corrected version and presentation available for download).