Here you can find information on available positions with TrSyS (Transmissions Systems Group), conferences hosted at Jacobs University, and other resources such as servers, printers, etc..
There are currently no openings.
There are currently no upcoming events.
VPN access is necessary to gain access to library resources and Jacobs network drives. The Jacobs IT department provides the following screencasts for further details on installation:
- go to https://vpnasa.jacobs-university.de
- log in with your Campusnet account
- users of Internet Explorer on MS Windows: add the URL https://vpnasa.jacobs-university.de to the list of Trusted Sites.
- you find that in “Internet Options” – “Security” tab – “Trusted Sites” – “Sites” – “Add“
- click on “AnyConnect” and “Start AnyConnect” and follow the instructions of the installer
- Linux users need to open a terminal , cd to the path where the script is saved and type
- after installation of the AnyConnect client, a new icon shows up in the notification bar
- click that, select connect, enter your CampusNet credentials
- your computer is within Jacobs University’s network until you click the icon again and disconnect
Access to file server resource would be
The user name for login would be jacobs\username
How to connect to eduroam on Ubuntu/Linux
- download the Telecom certificate from here
- extract the file from the archieve
- add the wireless network “eduroam” with the settings shown below
- make sure to use your CampusNet user with the domain appended
(e.g., email@example.com) and your CampusNet password